Total Tank Management Services and Systems
Semfa has developed a new exciting approach to the hydrocarbon and processed oil storage market with a total package focused at offering operators a single supplier package complying to the highest API and related technical standards such as API 653, EEMUA PUB NO 159 and API 2015 and other similar standards and requirements.
It has established a complete package of technologies and services concentrating on the issues of corrosion related problems in the storage of crude oil and environmental issues regarding sludge and its treatment.
With technology, equipment and contracting services to meet all aspects of the problem under one team, Semfa is offering a one- stop possibility for refinery and pipeline owners and operators.
Semfa has exclusive strategic alliances with some of the leading edge and advanced equipment manufacturers globally today. This equipment includes sludge processing equipment, thermal desorption units, two and three phase centrifuges,” no spark” confined space sludge dozers, sludge mobilisers and re-suspension units.
Semfa’s philosophy is to develop a strategy that will utilise as much local input as possible with the minimum of supervision from the UK and also to establish long term contracts in managing and operating for tank operations with owners and refineries.
The components of the total tank management include:
- External and internal corrosion inspection, sludge mapping and corrosion inspection of all pipelines and refinery assets to comply with the requirements of API 653 and EEMUA PUB NO 159. These utilise advanced inspection techniques and crawlers where necessary to reduce and eliminate the requirement for scaffolding.
- Resin and PE liner systems designed for repair of fire main pipes as well as other pipes on the storage facility. This included full range of gelled and traditional pipe cleaning technologies. With resin systems Semfa has the package of Schur spray application equipment
- “No man entry” tank cleaning technology, equipment and contracting exceeding the requirements of API 2015 , thus minimising health and safety issues related to exposure to toxic materials. Semfa has a fully trained and approved service team as well as a range of equipment to meet the most exacting requirements.
- Sludge processing equipment and technology to maximise return to the refinery in terms of processed oil and self- financing realistic possibilities.
- Internal coating systems (normally on the base and up to 1 to 2 meter height) together with a full service package. External coatings with high performance protective systems including glass flake systems to maximise long term protection and cost effectiveness
- Innovative IE “SPS “sandwich repair system for storage tank roofs, floor and walls together with full service teams. This system is fast, highly effective, innovative and cost effective.
- Sludge lagoon clean up and processing technology, equipment and services.
- Land Remediation technology and services for the clean -up drill cuttings, well head areas and general hydrocarbon polluted land.